I’m pretty sure I’ve mentioned it before, but my eyesight is GARBAGE! It’s a hereditary trait that I most certainly inherited from my Mom, but I’m not mad about it. 95% of the time I wear contacts, but as the accessory nut that you know I am, I’ve gotta have options for the other 5% of the time.

While we were home in Cincinnati for the New Year, Jaclyn and I had the opportunity to work with another local Cincinnati brand, Frameri. They’re a local shop that is killing it in the glasses and sunglasses game. What sets them apart is the ability to interchange your lenses. For instance, if it’s super sunny outside but you don’t feel like carrying around a separate pair of glasses, just have your lenses on hand and you can pop out your eyeglass lenses and replace them with a sunglass lens. This way, you can spend less money on frames and create tons of options for yourself with the frames you already have. Not only that, but a lot of their styles work perfectly as a unisex pair of glasses. So for Jaclyn and I, we were able to share the frames and get more for our money.

Growing up, I can remember eyeglasses being SO expensive. I’m talking like $400 or something for a pair. Thank god those days are over and brands like Frameri offer a much more affordable selection so you don’t have to break the bank to be able to see.

When you’re buying eyeglasses, you should consider them an accessory just like anything else you purchase. If you wear a lot of black, maybe don’t buy brown eyeglasses. If you wear glasses every single day of your life, it’s probably smart to start your collection with something simple and classic. Unless you’re interested in being the person with the bold glasses, which I also think is awesome.

Scroll through some of the other photos to see the different styles and how we dressed them.

Be sure to check out Frameri and browse their styles if you’re in the market for a great new pair of glasses or sunglasses. Tell them Parker sent you!!

Related link: Northern Optometry.

Questions? Comments? Find me on social media @parkeryorksmith or email me at parker@thelooksmith.com!

DSC_0623 DSC_0757 DSC_0871 DSC_0703 DSC_0786 DSC_1042 DSC_0650 DSC_0947

About the author

I'm Parker York Smith, a curious dude still very much figuring everything out. I hail from the Midwest but have been dwelling in Los Angeles for the last few years being a pretty stereotypical west coast transplant. I'm a fashion geek, I love to walk (a LOT) and I do my best to find the bright side. I'm extremely excited about this blog and hope that (with some hard work and luck) it turns into what I believe it can. If you have any questions, comments or concerns, please get in touch with me via my social networks (which can be found in the sidebar) or email me at parker@thelooksmith.com.

No Comments

Leave Your Comment

Only registerd members can post a comment , Login / Register